The position reports to Manager: Expenditure Management
• BCom Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience in accounting/finance with completed Articles
• Good Computer Knowledge with Sage Evolution Essential
• Experience in working with public entities under government umbrellas
• Experience with financial reporting requirements, guidelines and other relevant legislation
• Advanced knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulation, policies and practices.
• Interpretation and application of policy, Policy development and managerial skills.
• Problem solving and analytical thinking,
• Advanced financial management and numeracy skills and excellent communication skills,
• Ability to communicate and present issues to management.
• Project Management,
• Risk analysis and control, oriented.
Key Performance Areas:
• Implements and maintains an effective cash management system.
• Develops and manages an effective payment system.
• Verify and review of the payments pack documentation
• Preparation of weekly reconciliations.
• Manage, verify, allocate, post transactions into the general ledger.
• Perform reconcile of the creditors’ accounts.
• Manages, safeguards and maintains asset through stocktaking or physical verification process, reporting and reconciling of all assets against the general ledger.
• Manges disposal of redundant, obsolete, unserviceable movable assets
• Ensure compliance with all relevant asset management policies and prescripts
• Oversee CSOS asset register to ensure completeness and existence including accuracy.
• Manage payroll processes.
• Perform reconcile of employees cost accounts.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
• Provide technical support and advice on Finance Managers.
• Manage subordinates and Administrators.
• Prepare financial reports, statements and produce budget according to schedule.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Maintains register of all incoming invoices and returned invoices to ensure completeness and compliance to regulations.
• Identify and perform detailed analysis of irregular expenditure, unauthorized and fruitless and wasteful transactions.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Identify and perform detailed analysis of irregular expenditure, unauthorized and fruitless and wasteful transactions
• Ensure compliance with GRAP principle
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.