The position is reports to the Facilities Manager.
• National Diploma/ Degree in ND. Safety Management (NADSAM) / ND Environmental Health or equivalent.
• 3 Years demonstrated operational safety, health, environmental risk practical experience.
• Safety: Legal requirements e.g. Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
• Environment: Legal requirements e.g. NEMA, Risk, HIRA and SAMTRAC
• Experience in office environment is essential.
• Excellent management and leadership skills (planning, leading, organizing).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to be effective and deliver results in a matrix reporting environment.
• Initiate action and drive accountability
• Build and maintain relationships with Key Stakeholders
• Problem solving ability.
Key Performance Areas:
• Ensure compliance to the OHS Act and all regulations, local and national bylaws
• Ensure safe system of work maintained within the area of responsibility.
• Incident management: follow up / investigation support / lost time injury investigation / facilitation of corrective & preventative actions / incident recall
• Critical incident investigation, reporting (Lost time injuries / reportable / property loss, fire, theft)
• Risk Assessment: Ensure that site SHER risk assessment are completed and effectively communicated to all employees.
• Emergency Preparedness: Ensure emergency drills and evacuations are conducted and employees are familiarized with the emergency protocol
• Safety awareness/ toolbox talks are done
• Aspects & Impact Register: Ensure annual revision and communication of critical environmental aspects & impacts to employees
• Management Programs: Ensure that environmental management programs are developed for all high aspects & impacts / reviewed / updated and follow up
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.