The position reports to Legal Services Manager.
• Recognised Degree or equivalent qualification: LLB or B Proc.
• Admission as an Attorney or Advocate.
• Minimum of 4 years legal experience (post admission) in similar role,
• Valid driver’s licence and must be willing to travel.
Key Performance Areas:
• Knowledge and experience in drafting, reviewing and vetting commercial contracts.
• Applied knowledge in laws governing procurement in the public sector (PFMA, Treasury Regulations, PAJA etc.).
• Maintain and regularly update functional Contracts and Litigation Registers for accuracy.
• Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures.
• Conducting legal research and provide sound legal advice.
• Facilitate the resolution of contractual and other legal disputes.
• Experience in drafting court pleadings and related legal documents.
• Knowledge of Court Rules (lower and superior courts).
• Extensive experience in debt recovery.
• Effective records and document management.
• Represent the Regulator at various forums.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide internal business units and various internal committees with legal support.
• Represent the Regulator in forums where legal expertise is required.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly performance reports.
• Perform necessary administrative functions to ensure efficiency within the Section.
• Prepare submissions for Management, Executive and Board Committees as and when requested by the Manager.
• Implement Risk remedial plans within area of responsibility.
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.