The position reports to Legal Services Manager.
• National Diploma in Paralegal or already pursuing a legal qualification.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar role
• Strong MS Office skills
• Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
• Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
• Experience and knowledge in Power Point and preparing presentations
Key Performance Areas:
• Support and assist the Legal Services Section with day to day administrative tasks.
• Collate Reports.
• Facilitate payment of invoices and create Purchase Requisitions for the Section.
• Attend meetings and take minutes.
• Draft internal memoranda and other legal documents.
• Submit Contracts and documents for signature.
• Co-ordinate legal workshops and submission of documents for signatures.
• Maintain a safe and reliable filing system.
• Produce copies of Contracts and litigation records within 1 day of request.
• Follow up on payments, outstanding contracts, documents and instructions.
• Maintain and update functional contracts and litigation registers.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports.
• Support the Section with the assessment and resolution of contractual and other legal disputes.
• Liaise with external stakeholders and clients.
• General office management.
• Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements for the Legal Services Section.
• Provide general secretarial functions to the Manager.
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.