Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS)
The Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested professionals to serve as members of its Legislation, Adjudication and Transformation Committee in line with the provisions of Section 51(1) and 77 of the Public Finance Management Act, 1 of 1999, read with and section 12(4) of the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act, 09 of 2011, and Regulation 27.1 of the Treasury Regulations.
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Law, Dispute Resolutions and Compliance and Enforcement
• An admission as an Attorney or Advocate will be added advantage.
• Proven expertise and experience in the fields of community schemes governance; Performance Management, Provision of Legal Advisory services, Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms, Education and Training, Compliance and Enforcement is a pre -requisite.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act and its Treasury Regulations, and legislation governing CSOS will serve as an added advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in legal compliance and alternative dispute resolution.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Applicants must not be in the employment of any Government institution.
• Provide oversight over the core regulatory business of CSOS as empowered by the CSOS Act and the Sectional Titles Schemes Management Act (STSMA).
• Oversee the development, implementation and review of the Frameworks, Policies and Practice Directives on the Regulation of Community Schemes.
• Providing oversight on the implementation of dispute resolution services in CSOS, including the development and implementation of Practice Directives on Dispute Resolution.
• Oversee the development, review, implementation of framework and Practice Directives on the quality assurance and management of schemes governance documentation.
• Oversee the development and implementation of a framework for the registration of community schemes.
• Oversee the development and implementation of guidelines for the promotion of good governance of community schemes.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the frameworks and policy on Education and Training of Conciliators, Adjudicators, and stakeholders within Community Schemes.
• Oversee the review of the CSOS Act and the STSMA.
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.