The Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested professionals to serve as members of its Finance Committee in line with the provisions of section 12(4) of the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act, 09 of 2011.
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Financial Management or Accounting, Management and Auditing.
• Possession of either of the following CA, CFA, CIMA qualifications will be added advantage.
• Previous experience in the service of Finance and/or Investment Committee (not less than 2 years).
• Proven expertise and experience in the fields of Financial Management; Public Sector Supply Chain Management, Budgeting, Performance Management, Investment Management and Internal Control is a pre-requisite.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act and its Treasury Regulations, GRAP standards and legislation governing CSOS will serve as an added advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in IT will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Applicants must not be in the employment of any Government institution.
• Review and recommend financial, ICT and investment policies, strategies and practices for adoption.
• Liaise with government departments and agencies, as necessary, or refer matters to the Board as appropriate.
TERM OF OFFICE AND REMUNERATION:
The term of office of appointed candidates will be 3 years, after which it will be reviewed by the Accounting Authority. Persons appointed to either the Audit Committee or the Finance Committee will be remunerated at rates determined by the National Treasury. Applications must be accompanied by an updated comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications and identity documents.
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.