The Board hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and interested professionals to serve as members of its Audit, Risk and Ethics Committee in line with the provisions of Section 51(1) and 77 of the Public Finance Management Act, 1 of 1999, read with and section 12(4) of the Community Schemes Ombud Service Act, 09 of 2011, and Regulation 27.1 of the Treasury Regulations.
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Information and Communication Technology Governance, Corporate Governance.
• Possession of a CA (SA) qualification will be added advantage.
• Possession of Certified Internal Audit (CIA) qualification will be an added advantage
• Previous experience in the service of Audit and Risk Committee (not less than 2 years).
• Proven expertise and experience in the fields of Financial Management; Enterprise Risk Management; Performance Management, Legal, internal control and internal auditing is a pre-requisite.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act and its Treasury Regulations, GRAP/GAAP standards and legislation governing CSOS will serve as an added advantage.
• Knowledge and understanding of the roles of internal and external audit.
• Knowledge and experience in IT Governance will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Applicants must not be in the employment of any Government institution.
• Ensure the Audit Committee will carry out its responsibilities as legislated by the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations and operate according to its approved charter.
• Ensure that the Audit Committee fulfils its oversight responsibilities to ensure that the Board maintains effective, efficient and transparent systems of financial and risk management and internal control.
TERM OF OFFICE AND REMUNERATION:
The term of office of appointed candidates will be 3 years, after which it will be reviewed by the Accounting Authority. Persons appointed to either the Audit Committee or the Finance Committee will be remunerated at rates determined by the National Treasury. Applications must be accompanied by an updated comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications and identity documents.
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2020
The CSOS reserves the right not to appoint on the advertised positions.
No late applications will be accepted. Enquiries: during office hours.
Background checks will be conducted on the shortlisted candidates prior to appointment.
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.