The Community Schemes Ombud Service Act (Act 9 of 2011) was promulgated on 11 June 2011 and provides for the establishment of the Community Schemes Ombud Service (“CSOS”) as a public entity. The CSOS has been classified as a Schedule 3A Public Entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act (Act No.1 of 1999) (PFMA).
The position reports to Manager: Revenue
• A 3 year National Diploma in Financial Management or Accounting or Equivalent
• A Postgraduate in Financial Management or Accounting qualification will be an added advantage
• At least 4 years working experience in accounting and / or revenue management, having worked as an accountant will be an added advantage.
• Experience with financial reporting requirements, guidelines and other relevant legislation
• Advanced knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulation, policies and practices.
• Interpretation and application of policy, Policy development and managerial skills.
• Problem solving and analytical thinking,
• Advanced financial management and numeracy skills and excellent communication skills,
• Ability to communicate and present issues to management.
• Project Management,
• Risk analysis and control, oriented.
Key Performance Areas:
• Collect and calculate revenue timeously
• Record all monies received in a prescribed manner
• Compile reports on the collection of revenue according to relevant prescripts
• Regularly update debtor’s books
• Administer payments to debtors
• Reconcile accounts receivables on a monthly basis
• Respond to lodged queries
• Recording banking proceedings
• Provide report on income from sundry services
• Report on debtor payments
• Maintain relevant ledger accounts
• Administer and maintain the billing system
• Reconcile revenue on a weekly basis
• Reconcile revenue recorded against revenue collected
• Calculate and document revenue owed to CSOS on a monthly basis
• Capture and reconcile interest received into the financial system
• Review Bank Statement for all Banks and report to the Manager Revenue
• Contribute to the development of operational plans in the Unit
• Comply to all policies and procedures in the Unit
• Conduct project administration, recorded keeping d produce project related reports
• Systematize the achievement of deliverables against project plans
• Demonstrate knowledge of the latest development within area of expertise
• Take ownership for own work, performance management and development
• Introduce improvement opportunities within area of expertise in line with best practice to optimise performance,
• Engage in problem solving and continuous improvement to maximize output of area
• Perform revenue management activities in accordance with all relevant legislation and national policies, regulations, frameworks and guidelines
Enquiries: Ms Lindi Sibiya, Human Resources Manager, tel. (010) 593-0533.
Applications, including a covering letter and accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications, must be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Ms. Lindi Sibiya and e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 04 August 2020
Applicants who do not receive any response within 4 weeks of the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful.